When was the last time you went to the dentist? If you said “a long time” or can’t even remember, you’re not alone. But there’s no reason to fear the dentist. Dr. Guillen and his friendly team of professionals make it their goal to eliminate the anxiety and fear that keeps people away. In fact, Westwood Village Smiles was created to make Westwood dental care painless (literally). If you’re still not convinced, read on.
The Need for Proper Dental Care
Dr. Guillen’s Westwood dental care facility sees patients of all ages from toddlers at their first dental check-up right through octogenarians maintaining proper oral hygiene to prevent gum disease and chronic swelling. That lifelong commitment is so important because your dental health is intricately connected with all of your bodily functions and if you let it slide, you could be in for a terrible surprise down the road.
Proper dental care can not only keep your smile bright and beautiful, it can actually help prevent a number of illnesses known to be linked with gum disease including:
- Heart disease
- Certain types of cancer
- And even Alzheimer’s
Statistics collected by the CDC show that here in American only a little over 60% of people have visited the dentist in the last year. That means that a full third have not. In other parts of the world (like Great Britain) that figure is closer to 50%.
But if oral health is so important why do so many people put it off?
The staff at our Westwood dental care facility has come to understand the fears that keep people out of the dentist chair and we’ve done our best to eliminate each one.
7 Reasons Why People Put Off Dental Care
According to Everyday Health, there are 7 reasons Americans avoid the dentist. But, as you’ll see, our Westwood dental care practice can help you overcome them all with ease!
1. Cost – The number one reason people avoid the dentist is cost (or the assumption that procedures will cost too much). Westwood Village Smiles combats cost in multiple ways. We work with a large variety of dental and medical insurance companies (including UCSHIP) to limit the amount patients pay out of pocket. We accept credit card payments so you don’t have to pay cash. We can schedule procedures over time to help break up the costs. We can even help you apply for care credit financing which lets you make smaller monthly payments.
2. Anxiety – Often thinking about an unpleasant experience is more unpleasant than the actual experience. That anxiety can cripple us and prevent us from taking care of our teeth. Westwood Village Smiles is a small, family operated dental boutique that was designed with a relaxed, home-like feel to put patients at ease the moment they walk through the door. Our staff members are super-friendly, love children, and do whatever they can to ease your anxiety. Once you’re in the dentist’s chair, Dr. Guillen can give you a variety of pain-relief and anxiety reducing options to choose from including sedation dentistry for adults and children.
3. Fear of the Unknown – Fear of the unknown is a universal human condition but you don’t have to live with the pain and embarrassment of poor oral hygiene because you’re scared. Our Westwood dental care facility is completely patient-oriented. We want you to have all the information you need—about your treatment options, available alternatives, and your payment options so you’re in control every step of the way.
4. Fear of Instruments – In the past, dental tools were archaic—like something out of the dark ages. But technology has advance to the point where our nearly microscopic instruments let us minimize a patient’s discomfort. The drills are smaller and quieter, the X-rays more advanced, the imaging clearer, even the chairs are more comfortable! At Westwood Village Smiles we’ve entirely revamped the dental experience to make it 100% patient-oriented. From our homey reception room to our comfortable exam rooms our Westwood dental care boutique was designed with you in mind.
5. Bad Experiences – We can’t do anything about the bad experiences you’ve had in the past but we can make every experience from here on out better. Dentistry has come a long way in just a few years and our Westwood dental care boutique has some of the most advance equipment available. That means you suffer less pain, less anxiety, and get better results. Plus Dr. Guillen and everyone at Westwood Village Smiles is here to make your visit the best part of your day. From easy scheduling to quick and painless treatment to affordable and convenient payment options—it’s all about you.
6. Too Busy — Life is hectic—especially if you have kids. But there is always time for dental visits. We offer extremely flexible scheduling (including Saturday hours) so you can see the dentist when your schedule allows (not the other way around). We do our best to streamline the entire visit so you’re in and out in as little time as is necessary.
7. Fear of Pressure – Dr. Guillen is here to educate you about your oral health but that doesn’t mean he’ll pressure you. Our Westwood dental care practice is designed to give you all the information you need to make smart choices about your oral care. We’ll never force treatments on you or make you feel bad about not having been to a dentist in years. Living with the pain and embarrassment of a not-so-great smile can be stressful enough and we will never add to your discomfort. It’s our goal to make you happy and healthy, not to give you grief.
Let Us Help You Be Fearless Again
Don’t let fear of the dentist, fear of the unknown, or fear of the payment keep you from having a better, healthier smile any longer. We’ve completely redesigned dentistry simply because you deserved better. Now it’s time to see how good living fearlessly can feel.
Contact our friendly staff at Westwood Village Smiles to schedule your consultation today and learn how comfortable going to the dentist should actually be. Call (301) 775-2265 today.